Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Mike's Monday Night Dinner

I asked Mike if he would be interested in cooking dinner once a week to help me out, he gladly said yes. Lately he has been helping more and more with the cooking and I really love cooking with him. When I asked him if I could put this on the blog he said sure, it is very blog worthy. For his first round he made something his dad used to make, Saltine chicken. It was GOOD! I knew it would be coming from Papa Bailey.

Saltine Chicken
Crushed up saltine crackers
Pepper
Chicken breast sliced or pounded thin
2 to 3 eggs cracked in a bowl big enough to fit one chicken breast in
Enough vegetable oil for frying (we used about 1 and 1/2 cups)

Heat oil in large skillet hot enough that when you throw in a cracker crumb it bubbles. Mix the pepper and crushed crackers together. Coat the chicken in egg first them in cracker crumbs. Place into oil. Fry on one side 3 to 4 mins then flip and cook an additional 2 to 3 mins. Remove from oil and get to eating. This is very addicting!

1 comment:

Christine said...

WOW! Dad never made that for me growing up! It looks yummy. Dad is an amazing cook, so hopefully those skills will be inherited by Mike.