Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Enchilada Pie

It may look like a hot mess of cheese but it taste just like an enchilada and it much easier to make. My dad made this first and I love it. It is basically layered enchiladas. Growing up we always had tri tip (beef) and enchiladas so that it was I made with it and it made me think of Sunday night dinner when I was a kid, yum!

Enchilada Pie
6 small corn tortillas
1 big can enchilada sauce (I used red)
sliced olives (I used the already sliced canned kind)
chopped onion
can of green chilies (this was my addition,I used canned here too)
Shredded cheddar cheese (or jack would be good too)

Spoon a layer of sauce in the bottom of your dish. Place corn tortilla on top. Layer in cheese, onions, chilies and olives. Repeat with the additional six corn tortillas, make sure you keep the layers thin so they all fit. Bake for 25- 30 minutes or until cheese is good and melted. Slice into portions and enjoy =]

1 comment:

Christine said...

This looks yummy! I'll have to try it one day!