Saturday, May 3, 2008

Mom's Macaroni Salad


My mom makes the best macaroni salad. I don't think she has a technical "recipe". She just makes it. It is really light compared to the usual macaroni salad that is drenched in mayo. I know what goes in it so I gave it a go and I think I got pretty close. The best part of this recipe is that you can add more or less of the things you like and don't like. This is my list of ingredients feel free to change to your liking.

4 hard boiled eggs diced small
1 medium red onion diced small
3 stalks celery diced small
big handful bread and butter pickles diced small (you can also use relish or sweet pickles)
1 to 2 tablespoons pickle juice (optional)
1 pound macaroni pasta cooked
1/2 to 3/4 cup mayo
salt and pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients together in a big bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste and enjoy. Simple and oh so good.

No comments: