Saturday, May 31, 2008

Breakfast Casserole


I have wanted to make a breakfast casserole for a while and my office was having a birthday party breakfast so I thought it was the perfect time. This can be made is about a million different ways and all would be awesome. Basis: bread, meat, eggs, cheese. I made it as neutral as possible but if I was making it for myself I would have added a couple veggies like asparagus and onion.

4 store brought croissants (you can use biscuits, rolls or bread)

8 eggs
1/2 c milk
1/2 pound bacon, cooked and chopped (any breakfast meat would be good or none if you like that scene)
8 oz grated cheddar cheese (yes that is a lot of cheese=)
Salt and pepper

Butter the baking pan. Cut or pull the croissants into bit size pieces. Crack eggs in a bowl and salt and pepper as you like and whisk. Sprinkle chopped bacon over croissants. I also spread a little cheese over the croissants. Pour eggs over everything. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the top. Cover with foil and back at 350 degrees for about 20 mins or until the eggs are set up and not running in the pan. I refrigerated and heated back up the next day in a toaster over for about 20 mins. There were no left overs at work.

No comments: