Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Ham and Jarlsberg Quiche

I recently had the pleasure of eating a brunch with my sister and my mom, for a little baby shower brunch. It was a surprise to my sister and we got her good! We ate at a place called High Hand Conservatory

If you live near or are visiting near Sacramento, CA make sure to stop by High Hand. It was the best food I had had in a very long time. They also have a nursery you can visit, which we did, that had some great looking plants and flowers.

So I ordered the ham and Jarlsberg quiche. I had never had Jarlsberg cheese but I am glad I did! It was delicious. It also had rosemary sprinkled on top which I had never thought of with eggs but will be doing from now on on a regular basis. So when I got home from my trip I wanted to recreate this quiche for Mike. I think I did well.

1 refrigerated pie crust
6 eggs
1 cup heavy cream
1 pound ham or any meat you like
1 cup Jarlsberg cheese- shredded
1/2 tablespoon rosemary

Preheat oven to 425. Place the pie crust in a 9 inch pie pan. Pierce crust with fork for vents. Bake for 8 mins. While the crust is baking beat eggs and heavy cream together. Once the crust is out of the oven place the ham in the pie crust. Sprinkle about 3/4 of the cheese over ham. Pour egg mixture over ham and cheese. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Sprinkle rosemary evenly over the top of the cheese. Bake at 425 for 15 mins then at 350 for 15 mins or until the eggs are set.

No comments: