Sunday, May 24, 2009

Summer Shrimp Rolls

It has been hot here lately. Typically when it gets hot here it does cool back down till October. I have been looking for simple meals that don't require an oven so to not heat up the house anymore than it already is. I found this recipe in the June/July issue of Everyday with Rachel Ray. It is the first recipe I have made from the magazine even though I have had a subscription for over a year. It was very light and refreshing.


Source: Everyday with Rachel Ray

1 1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil

1 pound large shrimp-peeled, deveined and chopped
3/4 cups fresh corn kernels (I used canned because it is what I had)
1/4 cup mayo
1/4 cup pesto
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch cubes
3 scallions, thinly sliced
Salt and pepper
4 hot dog buns (I used french rolls)

In medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring until opaque about 3 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in the corn and let cool.
In a medium bowl, stir together the mayo, pesto and lemon juice. Add the shrimp-corn mixture, bell pepper and scallions; toss. Season will salt and pepper. Serve in the hot dog buns.

No comments: