Thursday, September 25, 2008

Super Simple Chili Verde


Chili Verde is my favorite Mexican food right after margaritas. I love it more than a person should. It seemed simple enough to make after I asked a co-worker how to do it. She told me there is a hard version and an easy version. I opted for the easy version and it is pretty darn good. This is a very easy weekday dinner.

2 to 2.5 pounds pork or chicken (pork roast)
1 medium onion
2 cloves garlic (or more if you love garlic like me)
1 16 oz bottle of salsa verde (I used La Victoria brand)
1/2 cup water
Salt and pepper

Cut the pork into bite size cubes. Season pork with salt and pepper. Brown pork in a skillet. Slice onion thin and mince garlic. Next through browned pork, onion, garlic, salsa verde, and water in large pot. Cover and simmer for at least an hour stir occasionally. The longer you let it simmer the better it gets. I find it perfect after about an hour and a half. I top with jack cheese or sour cream, YUM!

No comments: