Sunday, December 9, 2007

G-ma's Alligators


These no bake cookies are a HUGE family favorite. My aunt kept the recipe hidden for a long time from everyone but shared it with me for the first time last Christmas. I have heard them called haystacks by other people but I had never encountered them before Grandma A made them. It took me few trials to get the just right . Make sure you do not over boil or under boil or they will not set up right.

1 stick margarine
3 tablespoons cocoa
1/2 cup milk
2 cups sugar
3 cups Quick Quaker Oats
1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 teaspoon vanilla

Bring margarine, cocoa, milk and sugar to a boil and boil 1 minute (no joke 1 min only!) Take off burner and add oats, peanut butter, walnuts and vanilla. Spoon by teaspoon onto waxed paper. Let set up and enjoy :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

those sound yummy! i've heard them called something else, but i don't remember. scott loves them, so i'll have to borrow your recipe.